Lug-type butterfly valves are a popular choice for many applications due to their unique design and versatility. As mentioned, they are designed to be bolted to the flanges at both ends of the valve, which makes them easy to install and remove when necessary. They have threaded holes on each side of the valve that can be bolted to the piping, making them easy to connect to the rest of the system.
One of the main advantages of lug butterfly valves is their ability to be disassembled frequently. This is particularly useful in applications where maintenance and repairs are required on a regular basis. The lug design allows the valve to be easily removed from the piping without disturbing the rest of the system.
Types of Lug Butterfly Valve
- Concentric lug butterfly valves: These valves have a disc that is centered in the middle of the valve body, with the stem running through the center of the disc.
- Double-offset lug butterfly valves: Also known as high-performance butterfly valves, these valves have a disc that is offset from the center of the valve body and the stem is also offset from the center of the disc. This design allows for a tighter seal and better performance in high-pressure and high-temperature applications.
- Triple-offset lug butterfly valves: These valves have a disc that is offset from the center of the valve body, the stem is also offset from the center of the disc, and the sealing surface is angled. This design provides even tighter sealing and better performance in severe service applications such as high-pressure steam, high-temperature gas, and abrasive slurry.
- Wafer-style lug butterfly valves: These valves have a thin profile and are designed to fit between flanges in a piping system, providing a compact and economical solution for flow control.
- Lug-style double-flanged butterfly valves: These valves have two flanges on each end of the valve, allowing for easy installation and maintenance. They are commonly used in water and wastewater treatment plants, chemical processing plants, and other industrial applications.
Application of Lug Butterfly Valve
Lug butterfly valves are used in a variety of applications across different industries. Water and wastewater treatment plants use them for regulating flow in pipelines, controlling water level in tanks, and controlling water pressure in the system. In chemical processing plants, lug butterfly valves are used to regulate flow, isolate sections of pipelines, and control the mixing of different chemicals. They are also used in HVAC systems to regulate the flow of air and water.
In pulp and paper processing plants, lug butterfly valves are used to control the flow of pulp and chemicals through the processing line. They are also used in paper mills for regulating the flow of water and chemicals in the manufacturing process. Other industries that use lug butterfly valves include pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, and oil and gas.
Farpro Valve Company offer a range of lug butterfly valves that are designed to meet the specific needs of different industries. Our valves are manufactured using high-quality materials and are subjected to rigorous quality control checks to ensure they meet the highest standards of performance and reliability.
Farpro Valve Beliefs
We believe that treating each product seriously and receiving each customer sincerely are the most important things for Farpro Valve.
Our butterfly valves do not necessarily have the lowest price, but we will definitely be the most honest manufacturer and your most faithful partner.
Farpro Valve is a large global valve manufacturer engaged in the research, development, production and sales of valves.
Our product standards include: GB/JB, API, ANSI, AWWA, DIN, JIS, GOST, NF, etc.
Our valves are available in 12 major categories, 200 series and 4000 sizes, including gate valves, globe valves, ball valves, butterfly valves, check valves, diaphragm valves, pressure reducing valves, plug valves, traps, etc.
The annual output reaches 80,000 tons. All products are widely used in petroleum, petrochemical, chemical, electric power, metallurgy, water conservancy, construction, pharmaceutical, drainage and other fields.
Our products sell well in the markets of Germany, England, France, Italy, Brazil, Poland and more than 30 countries and regions in Europe, Central Asia, West Asia, etc.